Sunday, August 24

Whats love

What's this I love you within the first month of knowing someone? Jesus, wait a year before you pull out that shit. Don't use the word "love" until at least the fifth or sixth date unless you really mean it AND she says it first. It has the same basic problem of coming on too strong. Tell her she's kinda cool instead. On your first date, generally I would say no because it overwhelms them. Coming off too strong might cause them to swing you out of favor if they were on the fence of whether or not they like you.

Average is after 14 dates. I read a report on a small survey where people said that the average amount of dates that occurred before they said "I love you" was 14. Counting a number of dates seems a bit odd as a way to measure that though. Once I become exclusive with someone I start spending a lot of time with them outside of formalized dates. I'd be more interested to know the number of days they'd been seeing each other exclusively before saying "I love you".

Also if she starts saying "I love you" before the fourth date, that is usually a red flag, as you likely don't know each other well enough yet. Generally people who fall in love REALLY fast, like within 3 dates, are inexperienced and/or emotionally unstable. That's not always a dealbreaker, but it's definitely cause for concern.

Of course, if you knew each other as friends/colleagues/whatever prior to that, that changes the timetable somewhat. But it would all depend on how well you knew each other before you started dating. In that case, use your judgment.

First date: "you're pretty cool, I'm enjoying hanging out with you, would you like to go out (again)?"
Second date: "I really like you a lot, I'd like to see you again"
Third date: "I really like how well we're getting along, would you like to see more of each other?"

No comments:

Post a Comment