Tuesday, May 6

Still hurts: A slap in the face

written on 11th April 

Just break up with me. 

Don't need to give me a reason. I will dwell on that. It's better to know that she doesn't want to be in a relationship... as far as I know. 

How does she could tell a guy she's been dating for three months he's boring? She's gotten to know him, and she don't like what she's found. The person she met isn't the person she now knows. So how could she tell me that I'm boring and dump me? She doesn't directly telling me that I am boring her. I get to know about it from friend of a friend on my birthday last March. She only say that I haven't felt the right kind of chemistry with her (and obviously that she's going to jump back into the dating pool). Knowing that, I just want to dump her, and not be an asshole about it. 

If I am in her position, I'd likely not let her know it's because she's boring. Unlike what she did to me, I'd make up anything else not telling anyone and that's the nicest possible way. Just tell her I don't feel chemistry, not ready for a relationship. Try doing fun things that I think are exciting and invite her. If they aren't fun then just stop calling her. 

 It would be incredibly haughty to declare myself interesting, but I'd like to think I've outgrown utter vapidness, which still permeates most of youth culture. I think she may be taking things the wrong way - what I meant is that, I cannot properly engage with said people in "intellectual" conversation as they have nothing to offer. One could argue that truly interesting people make the activity, regardless of what it is, interesting simply because they are there. I've had a blast doing "boring" things with people that would have been way less fun with anyone else. Some people are just naturally fun to be around.


Part of moving on: 
Some girls are boring, some are not. All girls are boring eventually, this is no surprise to me. The only somewhat interesting girls are so fucking infatuated with their own rarity that the pleasant qualities don't even fucking matter. That may be my potential idiocy doesn't make girls any more interesting. I'm old enough. 

Might a typical guy have something going on when the typical girl says she's doing "nothing, bored, everything sucks?" Sure. But that something is probably video games or eating at a friend's house and fuck all else. Young men and women are boring as hell. And yes, the few who aren't really do obsess over lifestyle over substance.Teenagers or young adults simply aren't interesting; it just so happens that more often than not, girls haven't had the need to develop a fucking personality by that point. The degree of severity and frequency of completely hollow youngsters seems to be higher on the females' side. 

I wouldn't say things are objectively interesting, stimulating or challenging by the mere virtue of there being someone to think so. That is, unless someone can make those topics more than their face value, which leads me to another facet to this is what's being said, holding up a conversation, contributing original thought, providing insight and information. Whatever the subject if an individual can take a subject and truly offer stimulating ideas about them, then it's interesting. Most youngsters don't have that sort of cognitive capability. 

What is boring and vapid to you is not boring and vapid to them. You are likely just as boring as the people you are thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment